We believe that the Foundation Transition Program is highly successful and positive, helping to make students feel more confident about joining the Longwood Primary School community. Our Transition Program provides an opportunity for students to meet their fellow classmates and begin the process of establishing friendships within their own year level and across the school. Students can familiarise themselves with new learning environments and get to know our teaching staff.
A successful and enjoyable transition to school will allow your child to commence Foundation with confidence. Our extensive transition program provides a range of experiences to help ensure both you and your child are ready for their first steps as a new Foundation student.
During the month of February, Foundation students attend school four days a week, with no school on Wednesdays. Over the course of these Wednesdays, teachers will roster an interview with the child and the parent(s) to conduct some diagnostic testing and provide a general information sharing opportunity.Transition dates for this year are as follows:
- Friday 6th September – 2.30- 3.30pm
- Friday 13th September – 2.30-3.30pm
- Friday 11th October – 2.30-3.30pm
- Friday 18th October – 2.30-3.30pm
- Friday 25th October – 2.30-3.30pm
- Friday 1st November – 2.30-3.30pm
- Friday 8th November – 2.30- 3.30pm
- Friday 15th November – 2.30- 3.30pm
- Friday 22nd November – 11.30-3.30pm – Students will need their lunch
- Friday 29th November – 11.30- 3.30pm – Students will need their lunch
- Friday 6th December – 9.00- 3.30pm – Students will require a piece of fruit, snacks and lunch
- Tuesday 10th December Statewide Transition Day 9.00- 3.30pm – Students will require a piece of fruit, snacks and lunch